12 Common Knee Problems & How To Treat Them
The knee can be the source of pain that results from several different underlying factors. Fortunately, knee pain and inflexibility can be helped through chiropractic treatment. the type available from. If you live in Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, Port St. Lucie, or the surrounding areas, contact Papa Chiropractic and Physical Therapy to schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors.
12 Common Knee Problems
The knees do a lot of work. As such, they can become injured over time. Knee problems are often related to excessive physical activity.
- Jumper's knee stems from damage to the tendon in the kneecap.
- Runner's knee is a similar condition that may develop over a period.
- Excessive motion can also cause a tearing of the cartilage between the bones that are attached to the knee.
- The bones in the knee may be broken through an accident or some other traumatic event.
- An injury to the anterior cruciate ligament, or ACL, may result from a vehicular crash or some other accident.
- Swelling or severe pain in the area can stem from a complete dislocation of the kneecap.
- Injuries in other parts of the body, such as the foot, can be transmitted to the knee.
- Another source of knee pain can be the accumulation of loose material, such as bone fragments or cartilage, in the area between the joints.
- Physical ailments can lead to knee pain, most notably osteoarthritis, which is a type of arthritis.
- Another type of disorder is rheumatoid arthritis, which affects the connective tissue.
- Gout is a condition resulting from the accumulation of uric acid crystals amid the joints.
- Knee pain can even be produced by certain infections.
Chiropractic Treatment for Knee Pain
Our chiropractors can use a variety of techniques to treat knee pain. These treatments include the use of ice packs to reduce swelling, massaging the affected area to deal with inflammation, and chiropractic adjustments. We also provide nutritional advice and suggest corrective exercises. If you live in Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, Port St. Lucie, or the surrounding areas, contact Papa Chiropractic and Physical Therapy to schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors. We can help you avoid more invasive methods of treating pain, such as medications and surgery, which can create their own problems. Call us today at (561) 744-7373 to schedule a consultation.